Please post your memories of Emily under the "Memories" topic, or email your photo's to emtarp5@yahoo.com.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday, July 10, 2009

I believe...summer is here. It's hot. I have enjoyed our rainy, cool beginning. Our gardens have really flourished. Trees are green. Native Grasses are tall...I love watching them sway with the wind. Lots of beautiful rainbows...with vivid colors. I was reading about rainbows. So many different ideas of why they show themselves to us. Of course there is the scientific reason: The light is first refracted as it enters the surface of the raindrop, reflected off the back of the drop, and again refracted as it leaves the drop. The overall effect is that the incoming light is reflected back over a wide range of angles, with the most intense light at an angle of 40°–42°. And then there is of course Religion and Mythology: In Greek mythology, the rainbow was considered to be a path made by a messenger (Iris) between Earth and Heaven. In Chinese mythology, the rainbow was a slit in the sky sealed by Goddess Nüwa using stones of five different colours. Another Indian mythology says rainbow is the bow of Kama, the God of love. In New Age and Hindu philosophy, the seven colours of the rainbow represent the seven chakras, from the first chakra (red) to the seventh chakra (violet). Whatever you choose to believe...the sky and earth sure have showed some changes, some color and maybe a little warmth can settle in?

I told Dan, summer will not come until that bench is up there...she doesn't want to miss a thing! Dan had been working on a bench honoring Emily. A place of peace...overlooking her "special place" where she would go with friends or alone to swim, tan, talk, cry, think...so overlooking the swimming hole is a bench for us now to sit, think, tan, read, talk, cry, and listen.... in the midst of winter I found within me an eternal summer...

1 comment:

nhwillets said...

You are such an amazing person and gifted writer. I check here often to see how your doing what you feeling. I get so much peace and hope when I do, I pray that you are getting some too. Love you all
Nancy, Jay and family